Our in-house research team covers all relevant elements of the real-estate market, including macro-economic insights. We want to share this information, not only with our team, but also with you, our client or future client.
Weekly update: week 33
It becomes a weekly habit to give an update on Trumps trade war… China sees his industry growth going to the lowest point in 7 years, export and import with the US is in decline and Singapore sees its growth evaporate.
- Groei verdampt in Singapore, graadmeter voor de wereldhandel – FD (13/8/2019)
- Groei Chinese industrie naar laagste niveau in zeventien jaar – FD (14/8/2019)
- Handel tussen VS en China krijgt knauw – FD (14/8/2019)
Germany as a response to the deteriorated economic fundaments should step away from the “black zero” hinting that they should increase their government spending at the cost of the balanced budget. The Dutch economy in contrast to Germany is performing allot more robust and furthermore in contrast of their German neighbours they have a “war-treasury” to increase government stimulans if the economy would slide into recession.
In Europe the assumptions towards the meeting of the ECB in September keep a strong pressure on the financial markets. Italy saw its interest rate drop despite their political crisis. On the bond markets, the 2 year bonds are trading at higher returns than the 10 year bonds and variable interest rate on 10 years was higher than 10 year fixed. These elements hint that potentially a recession is at hand. It is possible that the bond markets are overreacting compared to the actual change in interest rates in September. Furthermore, where before the Norwegian Central Bank raised interest rates when the rest of Europe was hinting towards a wider monetary policy, they have now cancelled a third raise and currently keeps interest rates at 1,25%. The head of Blackrock states that the planned monetary moves will be insufficient. He suggest helicopter money as current measures have very limited effect.
- Italiaanse rente zakt ondanks regeringscrisis – FD (12/8/2019)
- Tienjaarsrente hypotheek is nu lager dan variabel – FD (13/8/2019)
- Nederlandse economie bloeit terwijl Duitse krimpt – FD (14/8/2019)
- Economen roepen Berlijn op geld te laten rollen – FD (14/8/2019)
- Recessie-angst op obligatiemarkten – FD (14/8/2019)
- ECB maant banken zich beteer voor te bereiden op no deal-brexit – FD (14/8/2019)
- Noorse kroon daalt na rente besluit – FD (15/8/2019)
- BlackRock-bestuurder maakt zich sterk voor helikoptergeld – FD (15/8/2019)
- Overheid heeft, tegen wil en dank, buffer om economie draaiend te houden – FD (16/8/2019)
- Obligatiemarkten in de greep van recessievrees – FD (17/8/2019)
The information contained on this website (hereinafter the “Information”) is provided “as is” and has been compiled by Whitewood Capital NV and/or its subsidiaries (hereinafter “Whitewood”) from sources believed to be reliable.
The Information is made available without responsibility on the part of Whitewood who neither assumes nor accepts any responsibility or liability (including for negligence) in relation thereto.
References or hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned and/or administered by Whitewood are only included for the information of the user of these other websites. We do not give any endorsements, guarantees or accept any responsibility or liability (including for negligence) regarding the contents of these other websites or regarding the owners/administrators of these other sites.
The Information contained or referred to may change or be updated without (prior) notice. The use of the Information is at the sole risk of the user. Please note that the Information
- does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation to invest in any asset or subsidiary managed by Whitewood;
- is not, and under no circumstances is it to be construed as a prospectus; and
- is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation. It is the responsibility of the individual user to consider his legal and regulatory position in the relevant jurisdiction, the risks associated with investing and to ensure that the use of the Information and the subsequent making of any investment does not contravene any such restrictions or applicable laws and regulations of any jurisdiction.