Our in-house research team covers all relevant elements of the real-estate market, including macro-economic insights. We want to share this information, not only with our team, but also with you, our client or future client.
Weekly update: week 35
In the US, Bill Dudley states that the Fed should move against the policy of Trump as their current interest rate decline helps Trump in further escalating the trade war meaning that the stimulus of the Fed actually has an invers effect on American Economy.
- Fed moet zich tegen beleid Trump verzetten’ – FD (27/8/2019)
In Europe interest rate movement are dominating the news. Germany wants to protect its domestic savings from negative interest rates. German banks oppose this. In the Netherlands the rates on mortgages have lowered this week due to competition. Greece is lending at a rate around 1,5% which is very low in the light of the previous crisis. They are lifting their last capital restrictions as of the 1st of September. Unfortunately, the inflation has hit a 3-year low in August 2019, with 1% it is the lowest number since November 2016. The ECB will present its new policy on the 12th of September to counter the slowing economy. In the run-up to this the bond markets are already pricing in a new interest rate decline. Many investors are willing to take a negative return, even on corporate bonds.
- Duitse banken tegen verbod op negatieve rentes voor spaarders – FD (26/8/2019)
- Griekenland schrapt laatste kapitaalrestricties – FD (27/8/2019)
- Griekse rente op laagste niveau ooit – FD (29/8/2019)
- Inflatie eurozone op laagste punt in ruim twee jaar – FD (30/8/2019)
- Griekenland trekt laatste kapitaalrestricties in. – FD (26/8/2019)
- Hypotheekrentes duiken ‘eindelijk’ omlaag – FD (27/8/2019)
- Waarom een pensioenfonds arm of rijk is – FD (28/8/2019)
The information contained on this website (hereinafter the “Information”) is provided “as is” and has been compiled by Whitewood Capital NV and/or its subsidiaries (hereinafter “Whitewood”) from sources believed to be reliable.
The Information is made available without responsibility on the part of Whitewood who neither assumes nor accepts any responsibility or liability (including for negligence) in relation thereto.
References or hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned and/or administered by Whitewood are only included for the information of the user of these other websites. We do not give any endorsements, guarantees or accept any responsibility or liability (including for negligence) regarding the contents of these other websites or regarding the owners/administrators of these other sites.
The Information contained or referred to may change or be updated without (prior) notice. The use of the Information is at the sole risk of the user. Please note that the Information
- does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation to invest in any asset or subsidiary managed by Whitewood;
- is not, and under no circumstances is it to be construed as a prospectus; and
- is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution would be contrary to local law or regulation. It is the responsibility of the individual user to consider his legal and regulatory position in the relevant jurisdiction, the risks associated with investing and to ensure that the use of the Information and the subsequent making of any investment does not contravene any such restrictions or applicable laws and regulations of any jurisdiction.